While we’re not doing active public storytimes, I’ve made my library available to the public in Hamilton, ON! I use TinyCat to keep track of my lent books.
Up to 10 books per household for up to 21 days within the GHA.
Renewals are allowed after three weeks unless another patron has asked for a title.
First Time Borrowers:
Please contact me using the form below and I will create a Patron ID so you can check out books online.
How does it work?
1. Search my library here: www.librarycat.org/lib/LightbulbHeart
2. Find a book you want and click “Place Hold.” Enter your patron ID to send me the notification.
3. I’ll contact you to schedule porch pickup/delivery! (COVID Safety Precautions at the bottom of the page)
How much does it cost? There are no borrowing charges or late return fees. I ask only that you keep other patrons in mind when hanging onto books you love past their due dates!
Can you pick some books for me?
Yes! Please use the form below to let me know the age(s) of the child(ren) and what they typically like to read. I’ll be happy to curate a bookbag for you!
Do you take donations? I will weed through any physical donations for content and wear/tear. Any items in good condition not chosen for the library will be donated to Burlington Together for activity kits. 50% of all monetary donations will be redistributed to the conscious kid’s Anti-Racist Children’s Books Education Fund, with the remaining 50% going toward current book repair and new titles for the library.
Lending Library Registration
Contact me using the form below if you would like access to the lending library. I’ll be in touch shortly either with your new Patron ID or with additional questions.
COVID SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- I will have clean hands and wear a mask when pulling books.
- Drop-offs and pickups will be contactless.
- All books will spend 24 hours in quarantine before being recirculated (in accordance with current HPL guidelines).
- All book bags will be laundered between uses.