**All listed resources are free unless otherwise noted.**
If you have free or low-cost virtual activities you’d like to see added,
please let me know!
- Authors & Illustrators reading their own work (list by We Are Teachers).
- Cuenta Cuentos de Salvat – historias y canciones divertidas en español.
- The Fable Cottage – Six classic fairy tales told in choice of English, French, German, Italian or Spanish, by a native speaking reader.
- Jbrary – These librarians are my go to for new (and old) songs and rhymes.
- Julie’s Library – Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton share stories on this weekly podcast.
- The Ladybird Fancypants Show – storytime Mon/Wed/Fri live on FB. Find more out-of-school resources on LadyBirdFancyPants’ website!
- Seriously, Read A Book – John Jimerson (actor-friend in Raleigh, NC) reads picture and chapter books.
- StorylineOnline – SAG/AFTRA artists read picture books.
- Stuck Stories – serial audio fiction for kids by Aggregate Theatre (Raleigh, NC).
- Telling Tales – round up of more fun at-home resources.
- Lightbulb Heart (that’s me!)
VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS
- AGH at Home – activities and collection content from the Art Gallery of Hamilton.
- Canada’s National Ballet School – dance along videos, activities, and artist studies by age group.
- Cleveland Inner City Ballet – Ballet instruction and tutorials for home! (Registration required through the Parent Portal)
- EduHam at Home – access to source material, interviews, and behind-the-scenes goodies from Hamilton, and opportunities to create and showcase new musical performances.
- Google Arts & Culture Collections – famous museums around the world offer online exhibits from their collections.
- The Metropolitan Opera – streaming nightly recordings of performances starting March 16, through the end of the Met’s COVID-19 closure.
- Scamper Theatre – weekly book re-enactments, dance parties, and imaginative play.
- Theatre Fun With Sam Corey – Samantha is offering virtual theatre and movement classes for kiddos! She set up a Facebook group for updates and offerings. Sam is a lovely person and great with kids! COST: $10 per household, per class, no matter how many kids are in the house!
- Time to Colour – a collection of downloadable Indigenous colouring pages from Woodland Cultural Centre. Ohhhh, it’s so beautiful!
EDUCATION & COOL PLACES
- Amazing Educational Resources – a mega-worksheet full of links to free and trial educational resources being offered by companies like Epic, Prodigy, and so many others.
- Mystery Science – all of their easiest-from-home science lessons for grade school kids! There are educator and parent mini-lesson sign-ups available.
- NASA Media Library – the entire online collection is now available for free!
- Scholastic Learn at Home – 20 days of interactive learning resources.
- Skype a Scientist – fill in a form to be matched with a scientist for a live Q&A.
- Virtual Field Trips – a growing list of places like national parks and and museums, including live animal cams! I heartily recommend Polar Bears & the Tundra, a grouping of free 30 minute videos and accompanying educational materials by Discovery Education.