- Songs & Stories with Lightbulb Heart – YouTube channel with gems from the public domain and select copyrighted works.
- Storytime with the Storylady – silly songs, curated stories, and compassionate engagement for kids of all ages:
- Lending Library – available to Saint Paul area residents.
Photo: Suzuran Photography
“Amber Wood draws children into stories by making the stories their own. Amber invites them into the illustrations and text with body language and questions and a warmth like the sun. You can feel kindness and empathy in the way that she tells stories – for the characters, and for the little people with wide eyes and ears around her…”– E. Ardelean
More Reviews for the Storylady
Storytime FAQ & Booking
This FAQ applies to in-person and large group online events. To set up free individual online reading sessions, please use the contact form.
What are the Storytime options?
- Basic Storytime: performance of 3 picture books and 4 interactive sing-along songs tailored to your event and audience. For in-person events, the Storylady will also bring a selection of theme-/age-appropriate books available for checkout from the Lending Library. Approx. 30 minutes plus library time. $50 flat fee.
- Deluxe Storytime: includes Basic Storytime plus crafts/activities related to your theme.
$100 for the first hour, $35/hr for each additional hour, plus any activity supply costs. (We will agree upon a budget for any supplies prior to purchase. You are welcome to provide the needed supplies if no advance preparation is required.)
- Festival Storytime: For longer events (such as community festivals), the Storylady will bring a variety of books to share. The number and duration of presentations will be confirmed at the time of booking. $100 for the first hour, $35/hr for each additional hour.
Are there any additional fees?
- Consultation: $25 (waived for completed bookings)
- Standard mileage rates will apply for events outside of Saint Paul.
- All fees are due at the time of services by cash, PayPal, or Venmo. An invoice will be emailed to you prior to your event.
Do you have reviews available?
Yes! Please find a selection here.
What is your recording policy?
- Online events may be recorded only with Storylady permission and may not be disseminated to other parties.
- Photo documentation of in-person events is permitted. Video recordings must be approved by the Storylady before posting. No posting of copyrighted material is allowed.
What are your Covid protocols?
- Indoor events: the Storylady will wear a mask at all times.
- Outdoor events: the Storylady will present Basic Storytime using CDC recommended social distancing guidelines. The Storylady will be masked during any additional time and/or activities.
What is the cancellation policy?
48 hours in advance by phone call or email. Cancellation without a raincheck date will incur the consultation fee, plus any agreed upon activity supply costs.
Ready to book the Storylady?
Please fill out the booking request form and we’ll be on our way to storytime!