Lightbulb Heart celebrates empathy & lifelong play.
Lightbulb Heart is a production umbrella for storytime, storytelling, and collaborative, devised theatre making with an emphasis on mental health advocacy. We are committed to emotional wholeness and the dismantling of oppression through thoughtful story curation and compassionate audience engagement.
Amber Wood is an actor, theatre maker, and storylady.
- Storytime! Songs & Stories with Lightbulb Heart – YouTube channel with gems from the public domain and round-ups of Books I Love.
- Storytime – live and online silly songs and stories for kids of all ages.
- Fancy Cat (musical for young audiences) – being “too much” and the joy that abounds in being oneself. Currently in development with Aeris Körper in Hamilton, ON.
- There’s An Easy-Bake Oven Where My Heart Should Be – rediscovering kid wisdom as a pathway to grownup emotional well-being.
- Karaoke Visiting Hour – losing and finding one’s voice and value in an unlikely place.