Lightbulb Heart celebrates empathy & lifelong play.
Lightbulb Heart is a production umbrella for storytime, storytelling, adult play workshops, and collaborative, devised theatre making with an emphasis on mental health advocacy. We are committed to emotional wholeness and the dismantling of oppression through thoughtful story curation and compassionate engagement in safe and welcoming spaces.
Amber Wood is an actor, theatre maker, and storylady based in Hamilton, Ontario.
All storytime offerings are currently online only. The Storylady will return to public engagements when it is once again safe to do so.
- Storytime! Songs & Stories with Lightbulb Heart – YouTube channel with gems from the public domain and round-ups of Books I Love.
- Storytime – silly songs, curated stories, and compassionate engagement for kids of all ages via online platforms.
- There’s An Easy-Bake Oven Where My Heart Should Be is an in-progress devised work that explores rediscovering kid wisdom as a pathway to grownup emotional well-being.
- Karaoke Visiting Hour is a memoir monologue about losing and finding one’s voice and value in an unlikely place.
- Compassionate play workshops for adults (not currently booking in-person events).