Do you have a bedtime routine? If you do, it might include stories. Most of my books are good stories for bedtime, but some of my favourite books are stories about bedtime! However you might get ready for bed, what we all have in common is wanting a good night’s sleep. That way, as author Nancy Redd says in Bedtime Bonnet, “we’re all ready for a brand-new day!”
Books in this video:
- Little Bear Dreams, written and illustrated by Paul Schmid
- Dream Animals: A Bedtime Journey, written and illustrated by Emily Winfield Martin
- Steam Train, Dream Train, written by Sherri Duskey Rinker, illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld
- How Do Dinosaurs say Good Night?, written by Jane Yolen, illustrated by Mark Teague
- Bedtime Bonnet, written by Nancy Redd, illustrated by Nneka Myers
The deep work of Tricia Hersey and The Nap Ministry led me to create a week of videos dedicated to helping our young ones rest so their caregivers can find some rest. The sleepytime playlist currently contains two poems about The Sandman by Paul Laurence Dunbar, two lullabies (one with an art project, one with images from the Hubble Space Telescope images), and the above Books I Love segment. I am grateful for the message of radical rest The Nap Ministry is birthing in the world and I am proud to support this work on Patreon.